Default answers for inspections, actions, and more

Related products: Inspections Actions

To make filling in some our inspections quicker is it possible to mark an answer as the default or preferred answer which is pre-selected as the choice?

We would still need the option to be able to select any other answer

E.g.

Q1 - Sample question please select “No”.

A1 = Yes

A2 = No (Default)

A3 = N/A

Hi @Elmleigh thanks for sharing this idea! Pre-fill/fast fill is something that we will definitely be looking to explore down the track but we don’t have concrete timelines for delivery yet. Thanks again! 

Plus 1 for default answers… there’s only so many ‘Acceptable’ one person can take. 👍🏻

Thanks for sharing @Andrew-K! Remember to Upvote the idea at the top of the page to throw in your support 😉

hi All, could this work for Actions as well?

example - templates have standard questions (set by us) with some logic built in. If the answer to a question has logic that requires action could that not prompt a default action for that question? Understanding that there would need to be a user configured pre-defined list related to questions with the option to override with basic text. 

Hi @Sebastian K , I love this idea! 

Its something we are entertaining the though of currently but nothing concrete at this moment in time. 

What parts of the action do you see value in pre defining from the template? 
Eg the title, description, priority, assignee? 

Completely agree that it would be a starting point for the inspector, they should be able to edit the suggested action details

@James Bell - thank you for the reply.

Applying actions currently takes up a considerable amount of time when completing our inspections.  

Ideally I would like to see just the full action applied when answering questions. My example:

Question = Valid Electrical Compliance Certificate?

Answer options = Yes / No / Requires Certification.

Logic = If No then apply Required Action. 

Our action for this question is always the same, i.e. 

Title: The Insured is to submit to the Insurer a copy of the last valid Electrical Certificate of Compliance for the entire electrical reticulation system.

Description: 

•  If any changes have been made to the electrical reticulation since the original certificate was issued an updated certificate will be required.
  • The certificate must be issued by a member of the Electrical Contractors Association of South Africa.

Priority:  High

Assignee: Inspector name.

I assume it could work very similar to Global Response sets or Multiple-choice sets.

When finishing the inspection the system already brings up the review items which is great - the inspector can at that point make any changes to applied actions as required.

thanks in advance.

Kind regards Sebastian 

My team would LOVE this for both inspections and actions!

Hey @Sebastian K 

Thank you for that amazing explanation, its a huge help. 

I’ll take that example and discuss it with our team internally, its given us food for thought!

@James Bell - thank you for the feedback - it truly would be game changing for us to have this functionality.

@James Bell - Hi James, hope you are well. With regards to the above functionality, would it be possible to have this developed if I paid for it? I’m not sure if this is how you guys work but it would be hugely appreciated if it would be possible.

Hi @Sebastian K 

Thank you for following up on this again, we’re here to try and build a better product for you and the rest of our customer base so certainly do not charge for specific development. 

We’re very much taking this functionality under consideration, if you’re willing to I would love to discuss this further. Please feel free to find a suitable time for you via this calendar link

We have serveral organizations on SC and default settings for questions and actions would definitely make it easier for auditors. Especially auditors doing the same inspections over and over again would benefit.
And also where they assign the same action frequently without the action details changing. We have auditors that assign actions, but the wording they use changes all the time, it would be great to have a default response they can accept that we’ve worded clearly and containing all the relevant info.

Hi @Sebastian K 

Thank you for following up on this again, we’re here to try and build a better product for you and the rest of our customer base so certainly do not charge for specific development. 

We’re very much taking this functionality under consideration, if you’re willing to I would love to discuss this further. Please feel free to find a suitable time for you via this calendar link

Hi James,

Any update regarding this function?

Nic