Assets - drop down selection list

Related products: Assets

It would be useful if custom fields within the Assets module had the ability for a user to enter a drop down list of user defined text entries. i.e. a field for Make of boiler: with a drop down with a list of boiler makes, i.e. Glow Worm, Ideal, Vaillant, Worcester

Hi @MichaelC 

Thanks for raising this. This request is something we are scoping out at the moment and will introduce as soon as we can. 

We’re currently working on automating workflows for asset preventative maintenance. One of those features is asset status which will include structured lists in the custom fields. 

What this space!

Cheers,

Duncan

That sounds like a real positive step forward. I would be happy to discuss this and how we want to use assets if that would help. Do you have a timescale for this update?

Hi @MichaelC 

We plan to start working on it in the second half of the year after the maintenance work. I can’t give an exact answer as to when it will be delivered. But, I’m hoping around October time.  I’ll give you a shout when we go into planning mode for this feature, so we capture all the requirements. 

Feel free to DM me and we can set up a time to chat. 

duncan.heuer@safetyculture.io

Cheers,

Duncan