Skip to main content

Any chance of getting weather data from a different online source. Would need something that could archive wind and rain.

Hi, @lostpaddle

Thanks for reaching out! 

At present, you can’t bring in other data sources, however, it is currently possible to have windspeed, wind direction & gust pulled in through our current weather data feeds. I’ve linked more information about this here.

We have also heard lots of feedback around rainfall, could you share a little more on how you would expect this to work?

Thanks,

Shaun.

I raised something similar some time ago

The sensors ref weather data is in my view wrong. 

I collates and gives live info for weather when I think there should be an option for planned weather in advance. 

This then will alarm for potential weather events giving time to plan as required. 

If we have flooding potential or severe winds possible days in advance then we can communicate this with sites and put things in place as part of forward planning. 

Hi, @jonnyg

Thanks for jumping in, your feedback is always welcome!

Yeah, forecasting of some kind is definitely something we’ve heard since the launch of weather. Particularly around severe weather events like the ones you just mentioned alongside lightening, storms etc. too. 

To be 100% transparent though, this will have to be something we have to look at in the future. Our team are currently all hands on deck to deliver some exciting developments around telematics and asset maintenance in the coming months. This will likely take us up to the early part of next year. 

When we begin looking at improving the weather data feature, we’ll be sure to reach out and gather your requirements @jonnyg & @lostpaddle. Apologies we don’t have a solution right now but hopefully we can help solve this for you in the future. 

Thanks,
Shaun.