Skip to main content

Sharing templates externally

• 8 July 2024
  • 5 replies

We share templates externally with a large number of contractors. It worked extremely well until a few months ago. 

We are finding more and more external users are unable to see the templates in the app after clicking the link to accept the sharing.

One thing I have found is that if they copy the link from the notification email and paste it into a web browser, they can see the template and it then becomes available in the app. 

It is only a small issue but really annoying with the time it wastes going back and forth explaining to someone what they need to do. 

5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for the post and i’m sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind if I ask just a few follow up questions so we can dive into this further?

1. Are the team unable to see the templates form an IOS or Android device? 
  2. Are you applying the access rules from web?
  3. Are you, or anyone using multi org? 

Once i have this detail I can follow things up with my engineering team.

Thanks

Ryan

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Ryan,

Both Android and IOS. 

Yes to applying the rules via the web. 

I had multi org activated for one other account temporarily. I asked that they removed me as a user but multi org is still activated. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for sharing your answers with Ryan, @Andrew Gabb 🙏🏽

I’ve relayed your comments back to the dedicated team and we will update you as soon as we have some answers. Thanks in advance for your patience us! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

hi @Ryan Clement  and @Bianca.Taylor ,

I have had another three issues this morning with externally shared templates to a sub-contractors engineers. 

I realise it has only been a few days, but has anyone come back to you? 

Badge +1

Hi Andrew, 

I’m very sorry to hear, what are the latest issues?

There haven’t been any changes made on our side on external sharing for some time, so there is nothing we know of that should have started causing issues. 

I think it might be best i reach out directly so we can maybe set up some time to talk through this further and try and get to the bottom of it.

Speak soon,

Ryan