Question

Assigned training notifications

• 16 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I assigned some training courses to various groups this morning. I was under the impression that the users would receive an email notification for the training but no one has received anything. 

Is no notification the case? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Andrew, yes that’s correct. We’re working on a solution for this. In the meantime, perhaps you could use Heads Up to notify your staff about the course. Many thanks, Giustina

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks @Giustina , 

I posted here as support seemed to be extremely busy. They eventually got back to me and gave me the same workaround. 

I ended up emailing the QR code out as there were 6 different groups and courses. From my understanding, while a notification will not go out, if there is a due date entered against the training, reminders will be sent when the date is coming up. 

The ideal solution would see an initial email notifying a user they have been enrolled in a course along with the QR code or link.

On a positive note, since the initial EdApp days when I used it with my previous company, the feature has come on so far. I have had some really good feedback from those that have completed their training so far. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Andrew Gabb what are your thoughts on EdApp vs. SC Training as far as appearance, end-user features, and administration?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Corey  It is probably about two years since using it as EdApp and going into it in training. Training was the one feature I was not using. Our SC support asked if he could take me through training which I reluctantly agreed to. 

I am so glad I did. The thing that hooked me was the AI. From there I just ran with it. The difference between then and now is incredible. It is a lot easier to use. It is a little lacking in some areas and if I were to type up a wish list, there would be quite a few requests particularly around the back end reporting. 

But I realise that improvements are always being developed. 

But overall, it was impressive enough to get rid of our previous training platform and move the UK&I side of the business over to SC training 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m so glad to hear that, Andrew! I hope we can make things even better for you by automating a notification on course assignment soon. 

Cheers

Giustina

Userlevel 1
Badge

Also, we’re all ears on any of those wishlist items that you have. Please keep sharing them!